First-quarter profit down markedly year on year in line with expectations.
- Net sales: down 4%
- Operating profit (EBITA): down 22%
- Profit for the period: down 26%
- Regional sales performance:
Germany: down 7%
Europe: +/– 0%
Asia/Pacific/Africa: down 16%
Americas: up 2%
- Net sales down 14% in Hardware and up 7% in Software/Services business.
- Banking segment sees net sales fall by 10%, while Retail segment records 9% growth.
Outlook for fiscal year as a whole remains unchanged amid general economic uncertainty: slight contraction or moderate increase equally possible with regard to net sales – operating profit may decline markedly or expand slightly.