The Wincor Advantage
Investment Protection For the Life of Your Systems
BEETLE systems provide a stable platform for your POS deployment. Wincor Nixdorf works with customers to lock-in a configuration during the POS rollout, providing a consistent platform based on Intel embedded chipsets and motherboard technology, even during multi-year rollouts. Couple that with Wincor’s spare parts guarantee — seven years beyond end-of-life — and the result is a platform you can count on as a stable POS foundation.
Wincor's adherence to software and hardware standards and outstanding system modularity means that our products can be quickly and painlessly integrated and adapted to meet your specific requirements. As the pioneer of open-systems POS, Wincor Nixdorf designed the BEETLE POS family to support the latest retail and industry standards, with an open architecture that provides true freedom of choice. This helps retailers avoid vendor lock-in while protecting existing investments in hardware and software. Features include...
- A full range of industry-standard retail peripherals, as well as storage, expansion and display options
- Operating systems including Windows XP or XP Embedded, Windows Vista, WEPOS, and Linux
- Application software from Wincor Nixdorf or third-party ISVs
There is the added freedom of choosing from numerous integrated tools, networks, functions and application software that together make your business run like clockwork.
Technology You Can Truly Count On
Your store systems are mission-critical. Built for nearly uninterrupted 24/7/365 operations, BEETLEs are derived from proven, versatile and durable technologies that maxmimize reliability, offering up to a decade of constant, dependable use...
- Use of standard PC architectures and a modular system concept, allowing for a large variety of future upgradeable configurations and enabling a range of real-world applications
- Robust, easy-to-service aluminum housings and power transformers that offer resistance to static charges, RF interference, and power surges
- Proven, heavy duty liquid crystal displays
- Low-power CPUs and passive heat dissipation to reduce electricity use
- Hardened motherboards with the ability to operate under extended temperature ranges and humidity levels
- Powered peripheral, printer, cash drawer, and display connections for maximum configuration versatility
- Components and peripherals chosen specifically for their long life and self-service suitability
- High-grade materials and the latest manufacturing methods for optimal system availability and a long service life
The result of all of this technology and engineering is reduced downtime and a greater return on your dollar than from any other solution on the market.
Wincor Nixdorf systems stand out through their very high, consistent quality. DQS, a German institution responsible for certifying quality management systems, has certified that our quality assurance system complies with the DIN IS0 9001 standard and is applied consistently in practice. The standard covers all activities and procedures that have an impact on the quality of products and services across all areas - from planning, development, procurement and production to customer service. Guaranteed quality keeps customers satisfied and builds customer trust in your institution.
All of our solutions, from POS to self-checkout systems are a great help in shaping the image of your business. So Wincor Nixdorf offers the option of ordering systems that conform with your corporate design. Options range from a nearly infinite palette of custom colors to the widest range on the market of add-on components such as a logo field for card symbols, bag rests, or document holders.
All Wincor Nixdorf systems are designed for optimal use by the widest possible range of customers. Well beyond merely meeting government standards, such as the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), our ATM units are designed in adherence to the latest European usability and design conventions. Extensive testing is also performed with user groups in order to further optimize and modulate system ergonomics. Our products are the most intuitive and simple to use on the market, speeding transactions and creating happier customers.
Flexible Network Integration
Wincor Nixdorf systems can be integrated into all kinds of network architectures, including direct connections to host systems and conventional multi-user systems, client/server architectures and networks from other manufacturers. Offline solutions are naturally also possible.
Setting aside the current fashion for 'green' design and production, environmental protection has been part of Wincor Nixdorf's corporate philosophy for more than three decades. Use of ecologically sound materials, long service life units, low-power consumption, and recyclability are criteria for an environmentally compatible product design that spans the entire life cycle of our products.
Wincor Nixdorf’s Retail Migration Platform is a middleware solution that allows a retailer to move IBM 4690 legacy applications to the Windows XP or Linux platforms, without modifying the existing 4690 executable. This option provides a means of hosting the application on a modern, current operating system without porting the source code.