Quality management at Wincor Nixdorf
Wincor Nixdorf relies on an active management system that complies with the requirements of the international standards ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 20000-1 and ISO / IEC 27001.
The goal of business excellence can be achieved only if management and employees assume joint responsibility for quality, standardized methods and instruments are available and processes are continuously improved.
The foundation for this is the four elements “culture of quality”, “living the management system”, “transparency” and “consistent tools”, which are all geared to improving and evolving our management system.
Culture of quality
Fulfilling pledges is enshrined in the culture of quality at Wincor Nixdorf and demands rigorous openness in dealing with errors and problems. This includes rapid delivery of solutions to problems in order to limit damage, as well as commitment to agreements in the quality management system and quality goals.
Living the management system
Living the management system everyday means for us fulfilling agreed processes and quality agreements.
So that potentials for improvement can be identified,
- the results of our processes and procedures are regularly measured and assessed,
- the continuous improvement process (CIP) is used at the units as an effective tool for optimizing processes and procedures,
- the units and divisions are coached by means of national and international audits.
Transparency in the processes and procedures is a key factor in fulfilling our corporate objectives and achieving a management system that works.
Transparency is achieved by:
- Identification and determination of the key performance indicators (KPIs) for the units and regions as the basis for corporate reporting (scorecard system).
- Establishment of uniform measurement systems and agreement of target figures.
- Win/loss analyses
Consistent methods and tools
An end-to-end and effective management system not only requires the use of uniform processes and procedures.
That is why a consistent method for problem management and controlling is deployed at Wincor Nixdorf.
Quality techniques such as QFD, FMEA, Six Sigma and PDCA are used throughout the company and experience is exchanged between the units through enterprise-wide benchmarks and best practice sharing.